- This event has passed.
Millard Milburn Rice Non-Fiction Writing Prize Submission Deadline
The Award Committee is asking for nominations for the Millard Milburn Rice Non-Fiction Writing Prize. If you are a qualified student, please submit a writing sample of no more than 10 pages double-spaced. You may pick up an application form in the Office of Academic Life. The award is approximately $1,000, which will be posted to your account for the next academic year. All nominations are due no later than Friday, March 31, 2023.
To qualify for the Millard Milburn Rice Non-Fiction Writing Prize a candidate must:
- be in the sophomore or junior year
- have at least a 3.0 grade point average
- submit a writing sample
In addition to the quality of the writing sample, preference will be given to students meeting any or all of the following criteria:
- interest in a career as a writer,
- interest in political science, economics, or history
- demonstrated financial need.