-Reserved for our graduate students and McDaniel students overseas-
For questions, concerns, or more info, please contact our director.
Steps for scheduling your very first online appointment:
- Visit our scheduler. If you are a first time user, “Click here to register” and fill out your information. This is a one-time step.
- Log in to the scheduler with that information and find an available tutoring hour that works for you. Don’t forget to take into account any time differences (our office is on EST). Click on that hour and indicate that you want to meet online (there’s a clearly-marked drop-down box).
- Fill out some info on the assignment you want to work on. Hit “save.”
- On the next window that pops up, “click here” to attach a file to that appointment. Upload your document in a .rtf or .doc form and click “save.” Your online tutoring session is now booked!
To log-in to your scheduled online tutoring session:
- Log in to the scheduler.
- Click on your appointment and then click on “Start or Join Online Consultation.”
- Your tutor will introduce him or herself in the chat window on the right and begin the session!
- To simultaneously videoconference, click on “START VIDEO/AUDIO CHAT” and then “Connect/Start Publishing.”
- Who can use this service?
- At the moment, we reserve our live, online tutoring service exclusively for commuting graduate students and for McDaniel students studying overseas.
- What are the technological requirements?
- To conduct a live chat session, you will need a dependable internet connection and an up-to-date web browser.
- To add Skype video chat functionality, you’ll need a dependable high-speed internet connection and a webcam.
- What days/hours are you available?
- We are open for 80 tutoring hours a week. For a full listing of our hours, please visit our scheduler.
- All of our normal tutoring hours can be reserved as live, online tutoring sessions. You just need to take into account any time differences!
- What should I attach to the appointment?
- Any and all of your work as a .doc or .rtf file!
- Make sure you include the original prompt, if at all possible.
- How long will a session take?
- Sessions normally last 30 to 45 minutes. For more on this, please see visit our About page.